Demand Gen Daily – Ep 10: How to Win in a Recession – Part 5 – Leveraging Your Cash Position
In this episode, we discuss the final segment about how to win in a recession. Leveraging your cash position in relation to competitors is very important to ensure you come out on top after a recessionary period.
We discuss these key takeaways:
- When is the right time to scale – it depends on what your goals are. Depending on where you are in your cash position, there may be additional options available as you look to scale your business.
- If you’re coming into a market with a strong ROAS, you want to be able to push your advantage to take market share from your competitors who may be scaling down to save during a recession.
- Deploying a niche strategy to underserved markets at the same time to increase market share in other areas.
- This highlights the importance of measuring metrics – money-related numbers – that can really help you achieve these things.
- Lifetime values can shift in a recession and it may seem like you need to retract your spending but when you look at lifetime value, it stays the same, it’s just lower on a per-year basis.
- Be very strategic when you make budget cuts so you aren’t cutting from your high LTV customers.
- Using segmentation can help identify the audiences that are your top buyers.
Have you listened to the other sections of the How to Win in a Recession series? If not, check them out here!
You can also find the downloadable whitepaper about this discussion here.
Make sure to subscribe on your favourite channel and sign up for the newsletter to get demand gen tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox!