Demand Gen Daily – Ep 44: Amazon – Part 12 – Scaling Amazon in 2023
As an Amazon seller, you’re always looking for ways to grow your business, but scaling can be challenging. Most Amazon sellers are selling five or fewer products, which limits their earning potential. To truly break through the earning barriers and succeed on Amazon, you need to scale your business.
Podcast: Play in new window | Subscribe to Channel Subscribe: Spotify | YouTube | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | iHeart | Amazon Music
So, what does it mean to scale on Amazon? Scaling means expanding your product range, increasing your sales volume, and building a solid reputation in your niche. But scaling is not easy, and it requires a lot of effort, time, and resources.
Here are some key takeaways on how to scale your Amazon business in 2023:
- Launch More Products: The solution to scaling your Amazon business is to launch more products. But launching more products can be costly and risky. The key is to micro-test your products and minimize your risk. Scale down your micro niche or scale up your micro niche by launching new products that are similar to your existing products. For example, if you’re selling baby onesies, launch a new onesie with a different print or fabric.
- Own a Narrowly Defined Micro Niche: It’s easier to own a narrowly defined micro niche than a broad one. Focus on a specific niche and become an expert in that area. By doing so, you can build domain authority within that product category and rank higher in Amazon’s search results.
- Prioritize Keyword Research: Your ability to build domain authority within your niche depends on your ability to prioritize keyword research. Choose the right keywords and optimize your product listings for those keywords. Use keyword research tools like Jungle Scout or Helium 10 to find the most profitable keywords for your products.
- Minimize Risks and Costs: Scaling your Amazon business can be risky and costly. To minimize your risks and costs, use data-driven decision-making. Analyze your sales data, customer feedback, and competitor insights to make informed decisions. Test your products on a small scale before launching them on a larger scale.
- Focus on Quality Control: As you scale your Amazon business, it’s important to maintain quality control. Ensure that your products meet the highest standards of quality and customer satisfaction. Monitor your customer feedback, respond to customer complaints, and improve your products based on customer feedback.
In conclusion, scaling your Amazon business requires a strategic approach. By launching more products, owning a narrowly defined micro-niche, prioritizing keyword research, minimizing risks and costs, and focusing on quality control, you can scale your Amazon business in 2023 and beyond. Happy selling!
Check out all the other episodes within our next series of episodes for more advanced Amazon discussions!
Check out Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5 | Part 6 | Part 7 | Part 8 | Part 9 | Part 10 | Part 11
As always, make sure to subscribe on your favourite channel and sign up for the newsletter to get demand gen tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox!