Demand Gen Daily – Ep 45: Amazon – Part 13 – Transitioning from Amazon to Website Sales
If you’re an e-commerce seller who’s had success on Amazon but wants to diversify your sales channels, you’re not alone. In this episode of the Demand Gen Daily Podcast hosts Nick and Ricky discuss the challenges and opportunities of transitioning from Amazon to website sales. Here are four key takeaways to keep in mind as you make the shift.
- The brand is critical. When shoppers buy on Amazon, they rely heavily on reviews and trust in the Amazon brand. When you move to your own website or other channels, you need to establish trust in your own brand. That means investing in high-quality product images, descriptions, and reviews that project a consistent brand image. Your brand should also reflect the quality of your products, as shoppers often use the brand as a proxy for quality.
- Don’t rely on the brand alone. While the brand is important, it’s not enough to drive sales on its own. You need to invest in awareness for your product by reaching out through various channels. Two of the biggest channels are Meta (formerly Facebook) and Google, but which one you choose depends on your target audience. For example, if you have a younger target audience, TikTok might be a better fit. Regardless of the channel you choose, make sure you have the plan to expand your reach.
- Use paid search ads strategically. If you want to drive sales to your Amazon store, Nick and Ricky recommend using Google search ads or Facebook ads to target customers searching for your products. You can also use remarketing ads to target customers who have visited your website but haven’t yet made a purchase. Just be sure to track your conversion rates and adjust your ad spend accordingly.
- Offer incentives to customers. Finally, as you transition to website sales, consider offering incentives to customers to make the switch with you. For example, you might offer a discount or free shipping for customers who buy through your website instead of Amazon. This can help you establish your own customer base and reduce your reliance on Amazon.
- Emphasize customer service. As you start to establish your own customer base, it’s important to provide excellent customer service. Make sure you have a way for customers to contact you with questions or concerns, and respond promptly to any inquiries. This will help you build trust and loyalty with your customers, which can lead to repeat business and positive reviews.
Transitioning from Amazon to website sales can be challenging, but it can also open up new opportunities for your business. By investing in your brand, expanding your reach through various channels, using paid search ads strategically, offering incentives to customers, and emphasizing customer service, you can make the transition successfully. Good luck!
Check out all the other episodes within our next series of episodes for more advanced Amazon discussions!
As always, make sure to subscribe on your favourite channel and sign up for the newsletter to get demand gen tips and tricks delivered right to your inbox!