McCarthy Veterinary Supplies: A Refreshed Brand & Digital Campaign Yield “Paw-some” Results
McCarthy Veterinary Supplies asked Blue Meta to help with refreshing its brand and modernizing its digital presence. They also wanted to expand into the digital marketing realm to increase overall awareness and drive more product sales.
ABOUT McCARTHY VETERINARY SUPPLIES
McCarthy Veterinary Supplies is a family-owned and operated veterinary supply company based in Alberta. For over 50 years, they’ve been providing innovative products, exceptional service, and industry-leading solutions to Canada’s veterinary community. They work hand in hand with vets, vet techs, and vet office staff.
A MAJOR BRAND “PUP”-DATE
A discovery meeting with the client resulted in some deep insights into the brand as well as the company history which laid the foundation for the next steps: a full-blown brand and marketing strategy.
One of the first things the creative team did was to refresh the logo. The team wanted to give it a modern feel, one that would carry them forward into the future. We also changed their category descriptor to one that was more intuitive for their target audiences.
For the logo, our design team chose a bold and confident font, replacing the “T” in the company name with a medical cross symbol that further speaks to the nature of the business. The symbol itself was designed to incorporate the different animal groups that McCarthy serves, including livestock (cows, horses, swine) and companion animals (dogs, cats).
While the primary color that the team led with was blue, they also left this open so that other colors could be added to complement surrounding collateral.
“CLAWS” FOR CONCERN
There were a number of challenges that the Blue Meta marketing team identified. Our digital marketing strategy was designed to ensure we could:
- Create awareness and keep McCarthy Veterinary Supplies top of mind with both existing and new customers.
- Drive sales or inquiries to the sales reps or order desk.
- Successfully market McCarthy Veterinary Supplies to vendors that were already represented while also attracting new ones.
- Encourage downloads of the company’s quarterly magazine.
Strategically speaking, there were a number of tactics identified that needed to be developed, implemented, and monitored to ensure the campaign’s initial and ongoing success.
A website refresh was recommended, which put the refreshed brand front and center along with updated messaging and new content.
All printed materials were updated to reflect the new look. This included business cards, stationery, and marketing materials.
Once the brand and website refresh was completed, other digital marketing services were put in place including paid advertising (Meta and Google), organic posting on social media platforms (to reinforce presence), and a complete overhaul of their quarterly catalogue/magazine.
The team also recommended launching two separate email marketing campaigns.
- One would be directed toward existing customers to drive awareness of the new brand while inviting them to contact their sales reps to find out more about new products and services.
- The other one would go to identified product vendors telling them about the brand refresh and educating them on the company marketing tactics that would help elevate individual vendor product lines. Vendors would also be invited to participate in quarterly “coffee dates” with the McCarthy sales team where new or existing products would be profiled while also providing an opportunity for strengthening relationships.
“MANE” SERVICES RENDERED
- Brand refresh including a new logo and new brand collateral
- Updated quarterly magazine and a semi-annual trade show catalogue
- Facebook: brand awareness and product-focused ads
- Programmatic: prospecting ads focused on brand awareness
- Product push and quarterly magazine
- Content creation and development
- Posting 4 times/month
McCarthy Veterinary Supplies was very happy with the brand refresh and overall marketing results. They were especially pleased with the redesigned magazine. The company has also received positive feedback from its customers regarding its new digital branding.